Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 2

We made it through our first day and oh what a long day it was!
My daughter (amazingly) only asked to watch a show on tv twice all day, but I stuck to our commitment.
She took an earlier nap than she had been, which allowed for a much smoother day. I spent the time during her nap working on my Thirty-One business and writing yesterday's blog, which was nice to have some time to simply sit and reflect. Here I am doing the same today!
When my husband got home from work he said that the breakfast/lunch that I had packed him was great and he couldn't even finish it all after the huge salad I had packed him for lunch! And here I was concerned that he'd come home starving after only consuming fruits and veggies all day!
He fired up the grill and we had a lovely dinner after which we went for a walk instead of vegging out in front of the tv. When we returned it was time to implement our daughter's first night of routine - bath, story, teeth, another story, and bed.
While she didn't fall asleep quite a quickly as I had hoped, it was faster than previous nights and we were all asleep by 9. Ahhh...
I was exhausted after a full day of cooking, cleaning, playing with my daughter and our short walk, but it was nice to be that tired by the end of the day.
This morning I woke her earlier than usual to get us up and out the door to meet up with my moms running group. My daughter was a bit fussy, but she enjoys riding in the stroller and talking with the other moms who are running. I ran 2 miles (and am a bit tired now) and then we came home, showered and ran back out the door to her dance class, which we've decided to resume for the month of July.
After dance we went to a new friend's house, which she loved, but had a bit of a meltdown when I told her she couldn't share a fruit roll-up with her new friend.
It's much easier to control our food intake when we're at home or I pack food to take with us. It's hard to tell her that we can't eat the food other people offer us and I never want to come across as judging the choices that other families make.
It was time to head home anyway, so it wasn't too bad. When we got home she scarfed down her cucumbers, orange bell peppers and hummus dip along with her water, and then fell asleep.
Looking forward to another family night and maybe a bike ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment